Riot Round-Up was an outstanding success as tips continue to roll in; of the 104 photos on the poster, we have received 93 tips from the public on 48 targets. Our website and phone tips line have been very active since our launch and we continue to ask the public to help us ID a suspected rioter at riot2011.vpd.ca.
- 35,000 posters distributed in 12 hours
- 104 pictures of suspected rioters on the poster
- 150 volunteers along with 50 IRIT and other police members
- cost of $6700 paid for by Vancouver Police Foundation
- 34 locations across Lower Mainland (universities, colleges, high schools, malls, transit hubs, etc.)
Investigators are following up with these leads and in the coming weeks will be attending homes, schools and workplaces of suspected rioters to make further arrests.