The VPD believes that circumstances exist to warn the public about a high-risk offender who will be residing in Vancouver.
Fifty-six-year-old James Burrows is a federal offender who was convicted of four sexual assaults against women between the ages of 72 and 93 years-old. He has been released from custody on statutory release and will be residing in the city of Vancouver.
An assessment of Burrows by the Correctional Service of Canada shows he is a high risk for violent and sexual re-offending, in particular he poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of elderly women.
Burrows is described as black, 6’1″ tall, 260 lbs., with a black hair and brown eyes. He is bound by the terms of his statutory release, which include the following conditions:
- not to associate with any person known to be involved in criminal activity
- not to consume or possess alcohol or illegal drugs
- not to enter any liquor store, beer and/or wine store, or business whose primary purpose is the sale or distribution of alcoholic beverages
- no contact directly or indirectly with any of his victims or their families
- immediately report any attempts to initiate intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships with females to his parole supervisor
- not to purchase, acquire, possess, or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or type of media
Anyone who sees James Burrows in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1.