Vancouver Police are investigating an early morning assault that has sent a teen to hospital with serious injuries.
Just before 3:00 this morning, two groups of teens got into a dispute over a limo for hire on Seymour Street near Dunsmuir. The groups did not know each other.
The dispute turned violent, and a 19-year-old international student was stabbed and suffered serious injuries. He remains in hospital in stable condition.
One other young man involved in the incident had a minor injury resulting from a punch. He was offered medical attention at the scene and declined it.
The suspects, all young men, fled the scene before officers arrived, but were arrested shortly after. The suspects remain in custody.
This incident appears isolated. Any witnesses or anyone who captured it on cell phone video is asked to call the VPD’s Major Crime Unit at 604-717-2541 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
Search VPD Media Releases
Latest Media Releases
- Update – High-risk offender Cory Schaumleffel back in custody
- Murder charge laid in 2018 stabbing
- Vancouver Police promote Halloween safety
- VPD investigating fatal car crash in South Vancouver
- Woman injured in shooting at Oppenheimer Park
- Update: High-risk offender James Moyah back in custody
- Vancouver Police renew warning about virtual kidnappings
- VPD investigates homicide in Strathcona
- Fraudsters use VPD non-emergency number in CRA scam
- Vancouver Police arrest three in Downtown Eastside murder plot
Media Release Archives
- Watch your speed and slowdown in residential areas. Always be mindful on the road and look ahead to see what’s comi… https://t.co/pi6SNYmcdQ about 13 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- With the rain in the forecast for the next few days, remember the more visibility you have, the easier it is for ot… https://t.co/OaxVwKvLxI about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The #VPD remembers the dedicated men and women who fought for our freedom. We thank those who have and continue to… https://t.co/XibUXaYT98 11-Nov-2019 07:01:17 AM ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @ChiefPalmer: We #NeverForget #VPD Cst. Ernest Sargent who was shot & killed in the #LineOfDuty (died 92 yrs ago today) while investigat… 10-Nov-2019 11:56:19 AM ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Today is National Aboriginal Veterans Day and the Vancouver Police Department recognizes the service and sacrifice… https://t.co/Jaa7NTvi6y 08-Nov-2019 12:57:28 PM ReplyRetweetFavorite