Vancouver Police are investigating an early morning assault that has sent a teen to hospital with serious injuries.
Just before 3:00 this morning, two groups of teens got into a dispute over a limo for hire on Seymour Street near Dunsmuir. The groups did not know each other.
The dispute turned violent, and a 19-year-old international student was stabbed and suffered serious injuries. He remains in hospital in stable condition.
One other young man involved in the incident had a minor injury resulting from a punch. He was offered medical attention at the scene and declined it.
The suspects, all young men, fled the scene before officers arrived, but were arrested shortly after. The suspects remain in custody.
This incident appears isolated. Any witnesses or anyone who captured it on cell phone video is asked to call the VPD’s Major Crime Unit at 604-717-2541 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.
Search VPD Media Releases
Latest Media Releases
- VPD renews search for missing man with dementia
- IIO investigates VPD after man dies in fall from West End apartment
- Vancouver Police seek information in early morning stabbing
- Vancouver Police seek help to identify suspects in violent 2018 home invasion
- Vancouver Police investigate shooting in Oppenheimer Park: Police express concern about safety in the park
- Vancouver Police renew call for help to find missing man
- Wanted sex offender arrested by police
- Vancouver Police And The Whitecaps FC Partner For 30th Annual Youth Soccer Camp
- Vancouver Police Investigate Serious Assault To A Man In Wheelchair
- Vancouver Police Search For Missing Man With Dementia
Media Release Archives
- Our #VPD officers finished the Four Days Marches in Holland yesterday, thrilled to complete the challenging task of… https://t.co/s8Phd21IC3 about 10 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- It's the Global Day of Inclusion! Head to your nearest@TimHortons and purchase a #specialolympics donut. Proceeds e… https://t.co/MFuK7l1XNa about 15 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite