The Vancouver Police Department believes compelling circumstances exist to warn the public about a high-risk sexual offender, Brian Abrosimo, who is now living in Vancouver.
Abrosimo, 57, is a two-time federal offender serving a 14-year-four-month sentence for sexual assault, kidnapping, unlawful confinement, assault with a weapon, sexual assault with a weapon, and forcible confinement. His sentence started in June 2006 and a 10-year Long Term Supervision Order will start when his custodial sentence ends in October 2020.
Abrosimo poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of adolescent and adult women, including strangers, and acquaintances.
Abrosimo is white, 5’10” and 240 pounds, with grey shaved hair, hazel eyes, a grey moustache, and a goatee.
He will be bound by the terms of his statutory release, which include the following conditions:
- Not to consume, purchase alcohol
- Not to consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication and over the counter drugs taken as recommended by the manufacturer
- Not to associate with any person known to be involved in criminal activity and/or substance misuse
- Immediately report all intimate sexual and non-sexual relationships and friendships with females to a parole supervisor
- Not to be in the presence of any female children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by a responsible adult familiar with his criminal history and who has previously been approved in writing by a parole supervisor
- Not to be in, near, or around places where children under the age of 18 are likely to congregate, such as elementary and secondary schools, parks, swimming pools and recreational centres unless accompanied by an adult previously approved in writing by your parole supervisor
- No direct or indirect contact with the victims or any member of the victims’ families
- Geographic restriction: Not to go to Abbotsford, Langley, or Vancouver Island
Anyone who sees or knows of Abrosimo violating any of these conditions is asked to call 9-1-1 immediately.